How to make fresh Paneer (Indian Cheese)
Paneer - fresh Indian cheese - is a very versatile cheese that can be cooked with other vegetables to give all dishes a creamier, fuller, rounder taste. Please search this website for other delicious paneer recipes!
2 pints full fat/whole milk
4 heaped tbsps Greek yogurt
1. Bring the milk to a boil in a deep, steel saucepan.
2. Turn the gas down to a medium heat.
3. Add in the 4 tbsps yogurt. The milk will start to split once you stir in the yogurt.
It should look like this:
Once the milk has split completely, you will be able to see the separation of the curds and whey as you stir the mixture.
4. Turn off the heat.
5. Sieve the whole mixture through a big sieve and throw away the excess water. It should look like this:
6. Rest the sieve over another pot and let all the water drain away naturally from the sieve and do not squeeze the mixture through at all.