Good day Gujarati Food Made Easy lovers!
Sorry for my absence! Today, I am going to show you a simple recipe that makes a great accompaniment to any Gujarati meal as well as any Indian style, meat dish; a Gujarati Salad recipe.
It's fresh, tasty and juicy! It's a simple, tomato and onion side salad! So should we get started? Here it is:
(this recipe serves 2 people)
So here we go:
2 tomatoes (washed and sliced into medium-sized discs)
Half a medium-sized onion (red or white, washed and thinly sliced)
Juice of a quarter of a lemon
0.5 tsp salt
0.25 tsp pepper
0.25 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp coriander (washed and chopped)
1. In a large salad bowl, place the tomatoes and onions.
2. Add in the salt, the pepper and the red chilli powder.
3. Mix well.
4. Add in the lemon juice and coriander and toss the salad well.
5. Finally, add in the olive oil and mix well again.
6. Cover the salad bowl with some cling film and let it rest for about 20 minutes to half an hour.
7. After one final toss, the side salad is now ready to serve ideally along with fragrant rice and a delicious, chicken dish.
So there you have it, a simple, Gujarati Salad! :) Give it a go and let me know if you liked it!
‘Til next week, friends … enjoy!
Love and Namaste!
Bon appétit! xx