A sweet and refreshing mango, yogurt based drink often consumed to have a cooling effect on the taste buds after savouring some spicy, delicious Indian food!
Recipe: (makes 1 litre)
1/3 litre plain natural yogurt
1/3 litre semi-skimmed milk
1/3 tinned mango pulp (available from your local Indian grocery) OR 1/3 litre fresh mango pulp (use the flesh of fresh, ripe mangos, blended into a puree/pulp)
some extra sugar to whizz into the lassi if the mangos are not ripe enough
a few strands of saffron to garnish once poured out into tall glasses
1. Take all 3 ingredients and pour into a food processor/blender.
2. Whizz up at a semi-fast speed until the mixture is a smooth liquid.
3. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for an hour.
4. Take out of the refrigerator and stir well.
5. Pour out the prepared lassi into tall glasses and serve.
'Til next week ...
Bon appétit! xx