This week's recipe is how to make Paneer (Indian Cheese).
This post will give you the recipe for how to make fresh paneer. Enjoy!
2 pints milk
4 heaped tbsps Greek yogurt
1. Bring the milk to a boil in a deep, steel saucepan.
2. Turn the gas down to a medium heat.
3. Add in the 4 tbsps yogurt. The milk will start to split once you stir in the yogurt.
It should look like this:
Once the milk has split completely, you will be able to see the separation of the curds and whey as you stir the mixture.
4. Turn off the heat.
5. Sieve the whole mixture through a big sieve and throw away the excess water. It should look like this:
6. Rest the sieve over another pot and let all the water drain away naturally from the sieve and do not squeeze the mixture through at all.
7. Once all the water has drained away, turn the contents of the sieve into a plate.
8. Once cooled, cut the paneer into cubes. If not going to use it immediately, store it in the fridge in a sealed container.
And there you have it; fresh paneer!
'Til next week, friends...
Bon appétit! xx